Online ticket sales have closed. Tickets are available on the door for £12 on Saturday and £10 on Sunday. Doors open at 10:30am for ticket holders, and 11am for buying on the door.
Featuring Exhibitors, Performers, TCGing, Gaming Tournaments, Talks and also the Cosplay Masquerade with £100 first-prize, Talent Show, Quiz & more. Parties are included in the price.
This event is run by Animeleague, one of the world’s largest anime communities, run by fans for fans, who shall also be running Manchester Anime & Gaming Con on 8-9 April 2017, Cardiff Anime Con on 20-21 August 2016, Bristol Anime Con on 5-6 November 2016, Alcon in Leicester on 1-4 September 2016 and London Anime & Gaming Con on 1-3rd July 2016. Make sure to also check these events out.
If you’re interested in affiliating with us then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The events timetable will be confirmed at a later date.
While there will be signups on the day, we advise to signup beforehand to guarantee a place if you’re entering the Talent Show, Cosplay Masquerade or Cosplay Auction.
All other events you signup for on the day! Again read the link above for a comprehensive list!
With dozens of planned activities, the only problem you will experience is that there won’t be enough time to do everything you want to!
- Top Manga & Comic Artists – Our manga and comics room will feature some of the UK’s best artists in attendance where you can buy their artwork from.
- Art & Comic Portfolio Session – Hosted by comic and manga publisher and event sponsor Crownroot Publications who will not only give advice, but will pick the best artists to be recognised and published in their upcoming comic to be released this September!
- Comic Talks – On the main stage we will have a number of comics-orientated talks!
- The Cosplay Masquerade with a £100 first-prize; Show-off your cosplay on stage. We invite all cosplayers to enter our cosplay contest on the Sunday. There will also be a smaller Cosplay Masquerade with a £30 first prize on the Saturday. The top three in each contest will also qualify for the UK Cosplay Championship finals in October in Birmingham! Signup for it here
- Cosplay Auction – This event is a great way to meet new people and the proceeds go to the convention’s charity. All volunteers go up for bid to the audience, the highest bidder of each Cosplayer winning the company of that Cosplayer for an agreed amount of time and getting the pleasure and opportunity of meeting new people and acquiring new friends. Signup for it here
- Cosplay Guests & Talks We will have some of the most renowned cosplayers in the UK guest-starring at this year’s event. They will provide talks and workshops throughout the day. Talks include (provisionally) A begineers guide, Cosplay on a budget, Cosplay Props & Worbla, Mental Health in Cosplay, Performing at cons and much more!
Cosplay Photography Area – There will also be an area to have your photos taken for free!
Our tournament lineup will feature our headline title Smash4 WiiU 1v1 on Sunday, with a massive £100 cash prizes for the winner. Other tournaments with a pair of tickets as the prize include Street Fighter V, Mario Kart 8, Smash Melee, Smash4 2v2, Pokken Tournament, Rocket League, Halo Master Chief and much more! (tournaments subject to change, please refer to the timetable for the full times and lineup).
If that’s not enough, we will have the Retro Gaming Championship which will provide 3-4 of your favourite retro games (to be revealed) to show your old-school gaming skills in.
- Talks (Non Cosplay); As well as cosplay talks mentioned above, there will also be wide range of talks on acting, RPGs and gaming, Comics and anime.
- Dub That Anime; The aim of this event for those who have never seen it before is to dub a 30 second clip of our choice live on stage. The funnier the better. In fact..think Abridging! This can be done as an individual or group.
- The Talent Show; Do you have a hidden talent, be it singing, dancing, stand-up performing or pretty much anything? Come enter the Talent Show, show it off and win a £50 cash prize and the opportunity to develop your act with us and star on stage at our future events! Signup for it HERE
- Big Geek Quiz; Various rounds on both anime and other more general subjects over five rounds. Get some friends together, make your own quiz team, and join in the fun. We guarantee a good time and much randomness! £50 cash prize to the winning team!
- Many more events to be confirmed!
- Roleplaying; There will be a number of pen and paper roleplaying games being run in the bar. More info to come.
- TCGing; There will be tournaments with prizes provided throughout the day including Vanguard, Yu Gi Oh and MTG.
- Boardgaming; Your favourite board games and some you’ve never heard of shall be provided. Come along and have fun!
Of course, if partying is not your scene, there will be a range of alternate late-night events including Karaoke and late night party gaming!
We will have internet celebs, cosplayers, performers, singers and speakers lined up! Our guests will be revealed next year. For the latest news make sure to check the forums!
A full list of exhibitors shall be released next year. You can expect a wide variety of dealers and artists to be present.
Exhibitor tables cost £130 per 6ft table for commercial dealers or £70 for artists (or £45 for a half table for artists). If you wish to apply to become an exhibitor, then please ensure you:
1. Read the exhibitor FAQ located HERE first and foremost.
2. Complete the Booking Form Online Here
3. We will then invoice you and give you details on how to pay. We can offer BACS, paypal, cheque and cash as payment methods.
4. 4. If you have any questions or problems, please mail us email@example.com
Opening Times Are: 10:30am (for prepaid), 11am for on the door. Tickets are available on the door.
Liverpool Holiday Inn
Liverpool L1 1NQ
(0151 709 7090)
Train Travel – Simply head out of Liverpool Lime St Station, turn left and it’s across the road. To help get the cheapest ticket possible, we recommend that you search through the National Rail website 12 weeks prior to the event. This will help you find the cheapest advance ticket.
Coach/Bus Travel – Click HERE to View Walking Directions from the coach stage. This is served by numerous companies including National Express. These offer regular national and local services. To help get the cheapest ticket possible, we recommend you search through the nationalexpress and megabus websites 12 weeks prior
– To Signup to Crew for the event, please fill in this form HERE. If you have any questions then email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Alternatively, are you interested in becoming a community guide, performer or panelist? Do you have some skills that you’d like to find the platform to showcase it at? We’re all about finding and promoting local up and coming talent! You can apply to be a performer/panelist here.
The Liverpool Anime Con crew are the people that help to make this convention a reality and to make it enjoyable for all our members. If you’re interesting in volunteering to help out, please read this page and then volunteer using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Why Crew? Well, you get free entry and one free-meal a day. And of course you get the satisifaction of having helped the convention out. We’re always happy to provide references to people who work for us, so it’s something extra which you can add to your CV afterward. Crewing is also a very easy way to get to know other members of the con, and there is usually a lot of camaraderie between fellow crew members over the course of the event!
What Kind of Work is it? Usually a crew member will help to manage queues, serve attendees, act as a runner to move equipment/items around and so forth. When you join crew, you are placed on to a team. Each team has a team-leader who you will report in to and who will look after you over the event. Each shift you are given is usually four hours long. At times crewing is far from easy, and it can be a lot of hard work but it is usually a very rewarding experience.
How many hours does a full-crew member do? Each full-crew member does 7 hours a day working. This entitles them to free entry in addition to free meal each day.
How many hours does a part-time crew member do? Some teams will allow for part-time crew. These are crew who work for only 1 day. Part-Time Crew will get a meal and free entry on the days which they are working.
What Teams are there? Video Gaming, Registrations, Operations, Stage or specialist (ask).
What do the teams do?
Operations – Bit of everything role. You get put where needed.
Registrations – Helping out on the front desk to answer questions and check people in.
Video Gaming – helping to look after the consoles, run tournaments and so forth.
RPG/TCG – Running RPGs and trading card game tournaments.
Stage – Helping out backstage to ensure the events happen.
I’ve already paid my entry, can I get it back if I crew? Provided you do the shifts which are allocated to you, then you will receive the entry money back on the Sunday.
We encourage those who want to help the event to first and foremost help spread the word. Without massive budgets to spend on mainstream advertising, we rely heavily on our attendees to help with this! You can help promote by –
1. Facebook & Twitter: Help by inviting your friends to our facebook event HERE, and posting short updates along the lines of “Is anyone going to Liverpool Anime Con this 2-3 April? You can grab discount tickets online at www.liverpoolanimecon.com”
2. Posters/Flyers: By dropping flyers/posters in to shops, groups, societies and handing to friends it can massively raise awareness. We can send out flyers if you request for some in this topic HERE, and you can download a full resolution copy to print out as posters HERE.
3. Word of Mouth: One of the most effective ways, make sure to personally speak to your friends and encourage them to check the event out!
4. Promote or link to us on your website/forum/blog: Download a copy of the Liverpool Anime Con press-kit HERE which contains images, buttons, press-releases and further information to use, making it as easy as copy and pasting to write about or link to Liverpool Anime Con on your website, forum or blog!
5. Banner/Link Exchange and Cross-Promotion: If you’re interested in cross-promoting and gaining traffic, email us on email@example.com and we can explore possibilities. Those who partner up with Liverpool Anime Con, will also be added as a partner on the animeleague website, a community of almost 30,000 members, making it very worthwhile!
Exclusive Content such as interviews we can make available on request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you write for a website or publication? Please apply for a press pass via this form here. Email us on email@example.com if you have any questions.
1. Free Entry
2. Access to guests and performers on the day (subject to their availability)
3. Interview access to the organisers before and after the event
4. We want to engage and work with you! If you want to do something with us that might benefit us both then please have a chat.
1. Your website, publication or blog must have a substantial following or readership associated with it. If it doesn’t, we may still be able to provide you with a press-pass, but you would need to pay for it as if you were a standard attendee.
2. You agree to promote the event beforehand and afterward on your website and social media (ie: twitter, facebook etc, please state the dates and website link to the event in all promotion). Please download a copy of the press-kit here.
3. You agree to adhere to the terms and conditions of being a member of press at the event as laid out here.
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your publication/blog/website and any requests.
- It’s always cheaper to book online! Tickets purchased online cost £16 for both days, or £9 for a Saturday or Sunday only ticket. You can buy tickets on the door for £12 on Saturday and £10 for Sunday.
- The deadline to buy online before it’s on the door only is anytime before the end of Wednesday 31st May 2017
– Buying online is recommended as it guarantees you entry.
– All ages welcome, under 16s need to be accompanied by an adult at all times. 18+ only for the parties (these are included in the ticket). To get 18+ access you MUST bring a proof of ID.
– Ages 6 and under go free when accompanied by a paying adult. All other ages are the same price.
– Once you pay you’ll be emailed a ticket. Print this out or show this on your phone to us at the event to collect your wristband which will allow you to enter and re-enter.
– You can view the full FAQ on tickets HERE and view the T&Cs HERE
Buy or Manage Tickets with a Forum Account
To register for liverpool Anime Con, it is recommended that you login first via your Animeleague forum account. You can use this account to post on the forums, keep track of your registrations, make payments at a later date, make edits and buy multiple tickets.
Lost Your Username or Password? Click here to retrieve it.